Submitted by pharbin on Tue, 01/05/2010 - 11:45.
Who Gets, and Who Sends a 1099 when There are Third Party Payers or Third Party Payees
Payments to certain parties are not always received by those parties. Sometimes payments have been assigned to other parties, who accept the payments on the payee's behalf. This is called the assignment of income.
Submitted by administrator on Tue, 12/08/2009 - 11:02.
The IRS has announced the 2010 standard mileage rates for business use of a personal vehicle. For 2010, the rates have been lowered to reflect a slight decrease in the cost of gasoline compared to a year ago.
Beginning Jan 1, 2010, the standard mileage rates for the business use of a car (including vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
- 50 cents per mile for business miles driven;
- 16.5 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes; and
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations.
Recent blog posts
- IRS Finalizes Changes to ITIN Application
- FATCA Withholding for Services?
- Celebrate Accounts Payable Week on the Cheap
- 4 Ways to be a Better Leader
- Large Companies Leading Way on Automation
- Is Your AP Clerk Driving a Jag?
- The People of APLC 2012
- JOBS Act Buys Small Businesses Five Years of SOX Relief
- Sarbanes-Oxley Faces Election Year Attacks
- Doctor, You're Reportable, I Presume?